EIGHT SUSPECTED ARMED ROBBERS ACCUSED OF ROBBING CHINESE COMPANY DENIED BAIL
Written by yafmnews on December 30, 2018
Eight suspected armed robbers who are facing charges of armed robbery, after invading and grabbing a number of assets from a local business, Carmlark investment belonging to a Chinese Nationality were denied bail and will reappear in court on the 11th of January 2019 before magistrate Shepard Munjanja.
it is in court’s case that on the 12th of December 2018, the eight, Thulani Ishmael Nkala, Taurai Matarirano, Isaac Kawundura, Moses Karumbidza, Teddy Magama, Learnmore Makore, Wellington Moyo and Hardlife Mazheke who are suspected to be part of the other eight who are at large were armed with three rifles and four pistols.
The crew is said to have , approached the business, fired shots at the scene of the crime to instill fear to the Chinese victims, therefore, stealing various cellphones, CZ pistol with 25 rounds of ammunition, gold amalgam, and cash in US currency, bond notes as well as Chinese yuan and computer accessories.
The first accused person was arrested on the 25th of December 2018 in possession of one vivo x21 phone which had been stolen during the robbery.
The arrested led to the discovery of other phones, 322 Yaun in Chinese currency at house number G10 Marglas Township in Zvishavane where he resided. He also implicated the arrest of the other 7
The accused were denied bail as there are still efforts being made to discover some of the stolen property which are said to have been disposed in Harare and Masvingo and also indications that they have a pending case of car hijacking in Mashava
The court, however, allowed the accused to apply for bail with the High Court.