YAFM is the biggest regional commercial station in Zimbabwe. Headquartered in Harare and broadcasting from Zvishavane, YAFM requires the expertise and experience of a COO (Chief Operating Officer) to make the CEO’s vision a reality.
YAFMis a fast-growing business with a broad radio listenership in the Midlands, Masvingo and Matabeleland South regions of Zimbabwe. It also focuses and extensively targets activities and operations within the Great Dyke belt of Zimbabwe adding value to a vast and extensive network of mining companies and communities as customers. We’re looking for a COO with Broadcasting, Marketing or HR experience who has a desire to become instrumental in the further development and growth of YAFM. Focus areas will be to turn production, marketing and sales, research and development efforts to lead the consumer products and experience whilst,/font>YAFM’s revenue growth objectives
We have a mix of young and adult professionals and plan to expand into neighbouring markets/districts to expand our coverage. If you have served as COO in the past and you’re interested in pursuing a new challenge, we’d like to talk to you.
COO (Chief Operating Officer) Responsibilities and Duties
Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
Develop and integrate broadcasting programs designed to attract, retain and oversee the highest calibre of talent and human resources while satisfying the needs of our clients and listenership.
Collaborate closely with our CEO on three, five and ten-year plans for company growth and evolution and building repeatable processes for realising general operations strategy and implementing policies.
Assist with setting comprehensive goals for performance and growth, financial projections and analysis of existing functions, programs and policies with a particular focus on revenue growth.
Provide leadership and manage Heads of Functions and staff and train them in the latest leadership and technical skills e.g. Customer Support & Success, Legal & Compliance etc. so they can better serve our clients in broadcasting services and take more initiative and dedication in their roles.
Helm budgeting, resource mobilisation/fundraising ventures and its allocation efforts with the senior management team and assist in Executive decision making in meeting them.
Ensure all broadcasting, programs (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.), projects and human capital initiatives are prioritised and align with the company’s corporate goals, core values and culture.
Overseeing and taking responsibility for delivering day-to-day, week to week, month to month and quarter to Quarter basis results.
Writes and submit reports to appraise the CEO of significant events, matters of importance and communicating strategy and policy to employees.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ proven experience as COO or relevant role.
- 7+ years’ experience in Broadcasting Services or similar industry
- MBA required
- Advanced organizational leadership skills
- Excellent written, oral and client-facing communication skills
- Budget-focused mindset
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, Marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Experience in fundraising will be a plus
- Working knowledge of Data Analysis and Performance/Operations Metrics/
- Working knowledge of Broadcasting/ IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills</font
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus